Friday, February 17, 2012

A Weighty Issue

Struggling with Yourself

There are people out there who have eating disorders. Some people eat too much, some people eat too little. Both being overweight and underweight are life threatening. Over eating can lead to diabetes, and under-eating can cause your body to consume all of your body's fat and eventually it will slowly eat away at your muscle.




In this post I will be talking about underweight eaters.
I am one of those victims. I had an issue with eating only on rare occasions or would just forget when to eat. My illness was anorexia. I would go days without eating because I was either in the middle of doing house work and would not take a break to eat, or my appetite was completely absent.




Most often those afflicted with under-eating or binge and purge disorders have an unrealistic view of their body. They see a large person even when they are perfectly healthy or dangerously underweight. There for helping them is usually out of grasp. The best thing you can do for them is to encourage a good appetite and positive self-image. While they recover through medical and psychiatric means.




If you know somebody or are somebody that has this horrible disorder, I know that it can be very difficult to admit that you have a problem. The safe and healthy thing to do is seek help.


To seek the help that you deserve click this link: http://www.buffalocentre.com
Good luck on your journey to a new and healthier you.

2 comments:

sumthin2sum1 said...

I actually understand this... going from over 400lbs to 250lbs is an incredible thing to do... yet I STILL have self hate cause Im STILL TOO FAT!! Even though I verbally say I dont wanna be less then 200lbs Im not sure I will be ok even at that size... and it SUX!!
Love ya Lady
Tammie

Rebecca Pursell said...

Well Tammie I think you are a very gorgeous woman..always have and since you were always uncomfortable in your own skin it is very hard to change the thoughts in your head. Just always know that you are both beautiful on the inside as well as on the inside.